A Cream Cheese Pound Cake is an all time favorite, however adding a little freshly grated lemon zest and additional flavorings, makes it extra special.
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cups butter, softened (3 sticks)
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
- 3 cups cake flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pure lemon extract
- 1/2 teaspoon imitation rum extract
- 1/2 teaspoon pure orange extract
- 1/2 imitation coconut extract
- 1/2 vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Cream the cream cheese and butter in a large bowl with an electric mixer.
- Gradually add sugar, one cup at a time; beat until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time; beating about 1 minute per egg addition.
- Add extracts and lemon zest.
- Sift together dry ingredients and add to mixture.
- Pour into a greased and floured Bundt pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour and 20 minutes.
- Cool 10 minutes in pan, then turn onto a cake rake to finish cooling.
Twist: Combinations of flavors