Do you have a beef recipe that you will share?
- 1 1/4 lb. ground chuck
- 1 teaspoon ground garlic
- 1 teaspoon onion pepper
- 1 teaspoon smoked salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 tablespoon lemon pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon liquid smoke
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 cups beef stock or 2 cups water
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the first six ingredients.
- Divide ground chuck into portions and shape into 1 inch patties.
- Dredge each patty in flour.
- Heat canola oil in a large pan or skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add patties and brown on each side, about 3 minutes each.
- Remove patties from pan.
- Add Worcestershire sauce and liquid smoke and deglaze pan.
- Add onion and garlic, stir a couple of minutes.
- Add beef stock or water to pan simmer for about 2 minutes.
- Place meat patties in a large casserole dish and pour sauce over patties.
- Cover with foil and place in oven.
- Cook for about 15 minutes.
- Serve with mashed potatoes or rice.
Twist: Liquid smoke and Worcestershire sauce in place of wine.
Join the conversation. What’s your twist?