- 8 (thick cut) bone-in beef short ribs
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 ribs celery, chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 cup red wine
- 1 can beef broth
- 1 cup water
- 2 bay leaves
- flour for dredging
- 2 tablespoons roasted garlic olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Season ribs on each side.
- Dredge ribs in flour.
- Add olive oil to a cast iron Dutch oven or a large pot.
- Brown ribs on each side and remove from the pot.
- Add vegetables and sauté for about 5 minutes.
- Return short ribs to pot; add thyme red wine, water, and broth.
- Cook over medium heat on the top of the stove for 5 minutes.
- Cover and place in the over for about 3 hours or until tender.
- Serve over egg noodles or rice.
- Pour sauce over noodles, if desired.
Twist: Just this!