I hope that carrots are on the list of your favorite vegetables. The nutritional benefits are amazing. They are a good source of vitamin B1, vitamin B2, vitamin B6, vitamin K, biotin, fiber, potassium and thiamine.
I put my twist on carrots that I prepared recently.
Do you have a carrot recipe that you would like to share?
- 8 medium carrots cut in half or thirds, (depending on the length)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon orange extract
- In a medium saucepan, add water and bring to a boil.
- Add salt and the carrots, cover with a lid.
- Lower the heat to medium-low.
- Cook carrots to almost fork-tender.
- Add the remaining ingredients.
- Simmer until tender.
Twist: Orange extract