This recipe is adapted from General Mills (Gold Medal Flour). The taste is very similar to carrot cake without the cream cheese. The muffins are simply smashing!
· 2 eggs
· 3/4 cup canola oil
· 1/4 cup milk
· 2 teaspoons vanilla
· 2 cups unbleached flour
· 1 cup packed brown sugar
· 2 teaspoons baking soda
· 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
· 1/2 teaspoon salt
· 1 1/2 cups shredded carrots (2 to 3 medium)
· 1 cup shredded peeled apple
· 1/2 cup coconut
· 1/2 cup golden raisins
· 1/2 craisins (dried cranberries)
· 1/4 cup crushed pineapples (drained)
· 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place paper baking cup in each of 18 regular-size muffin cups, or grease with shortening or cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs, oil, milk and vanilla with wire whisk until well blended.
- Add flour, brown sugar, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Stir in carrots, apple, coconut, raisins, craisins, pineapples, and walnuts.
- Divide batter evenly among muffin cups, filling each about 3/4 full.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 5 minutes; remove from pan.
Twist: Craisins, golden raisins, crushed pineapples and walnuts.