Now I’m convinced that I can enjoy one of my favorite soups anytime of the year. In an effort to cut back on my spending, I’m trying to use what I have. In doing so, the results have been very rewarding.
- Heat olive oil and butter in a large pot; add onion and celery, cook to translucent.
- Add garlic, cook for about a minute.
- Add remaining ingredients, except cream.
- Cook over medium-low heat for about 30 minutes.
- Simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Add cream.
- Carefully pour or ladle soup into a blender.
- Blend for about 1/2 minute.
Twist: Sherry, tomato paste with basil, garlic & oregano