- 1 lb. fresh jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons roasted garlic olive oil
- 2 tablespoons shallots, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 12-oz. package linguine pasta
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 pinch of nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh basil
- Cook pasta until al dente, set aside.
- Add butter and olive oil to a medium size skillet.
- Add onions and garlic, saute over medium heat until onions are translucent.
- Add shrimp, salt and lemon pepper.
- Cook until shrimp turns pink in color (don’t overcook).
- In a medium sauce pan, add heavy cream, butter, nutmeg, chicken broth, parmesan cheese, and; cream cheese.
- Cook over medium heat until heat for about 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add basil.
- In a casserole or serving dish, toss to combine pasta, shrimp and sauce.
- Serve warm.
Twist:Chicken broth, nutmeg