Evening meals can have a different twist. Our Chicken and Sweet Potato Waffles satisfies the taste buds and so delicious.
Each time I visit Los Angeles, I am reminded of chicken and waffles. I decided to twist the waffles with sweet potatoes.
Check it out! What’s your twist?
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 large eggs
- 1¾ cups buttermilk
- ½ cup butter, melted
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup sweet potatoes mashed well
- Preheat waffle iron.
- Beat eggs until fluffy.
- In another bowl, combine all dry ingredients.
- Add butter, buttermilk, vanilla extract and sweet potatoes to eggs; whisk thoroughly.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients all at once. Stir by hand (do not beat).
- Lightly bush waffle iron with oil.
- Use about ½ cup of mixture per waffle.
- Cook until steams stops or your waffle iron indicator shows ready.
- Remove waffle and serve with butter and syrup.
- Keep in an oven at 225 degrees F to keep warn until ready to serve.
Twist: Sweet Potatoes with cinnamon and vanilla extract.