All of the recipes on my blog today would be great for your Super Bowl Party.
SuperBowl Foods: Stuffed JalapeñoPeppers, Green Sauce and my favorite, Southwestern Egg Rolls
- 1/2 cup Mozzarella cheese, finely shredded
- 1/2 cup Cheddar jack cheese (combination of cheddar and Monterey Jack cheeses)
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 6 jalapeno peppers (seeded and halved)*
- 1/2 teaspoon roasted ground cumin
- Dash of salt (optional)
- 1 cup plain bread crumbs
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup milk
- In a medium mix combine cream cheese, cheddar jack cheese, and roasted ground cumin.
- Spoon the mixture into each of the jalapeno pepper halves.
- In a small bowl add the milk, and in another small bowl add the flour.
- In a shallow pie dish add the breadcrumbs.
- Dip the jalapenos first in milk, then into the flour, ensuring that they are well coated.
- Allow to set for 10 minutes.
- Dip the jalapenos in the milk again, and then roll in breadcrumbs.
- In a deep fryer (or deep skillet) heat oil to 365 degrees.
- Fry coated jalapenos in batches for 2 to 3 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove and drain on paper towels.
*When you are slicing and seeding the peppers consider wearing rubber gloves because they can burn your hands if you are not careful.
Twist: Cheddar Jack and roasted ground cumin