I received an email from a young lady who asked me to put something on my blog that was easy and red and white. As a result, I will add at least three recipes this week in recognition of Valentine’s Day. I actually went out and purchased some Bisquick. As some of you know, most of my cooking and all of my baking is from scratch.
I used a large heart-shaped cookie cutter to make the pancakes. I didn’t have any strawberry syrup, so I made a little simple syrup and added some strawberry preserves and allowed it to reduce down. Finally, I garnished the pancakes with pecans.
- 2 cups original Bisquick mix
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 2/3 cup strawberry preserves
- pecans for garnish
- Add sugar and water to a small saucepan.
- Cook on medium-low for about 5 minutes.
- Add strawberry preserves and simmer on low to desired consistency (should look like syrup).
- In a medium bowl, stir ingredients for pancakes until well blended; do not beat.
- Pour batter into a hot greased griddle or skillet.
- For this recipe, I poured the batter into a heart shaped cookie cutter. I also used a smaller size heart shaped pancake to place on the larger one.
- Cook until edges are dry.
- Remove the cookie cutter and turn pancake.
Twist: Used 2% milk, vegetable oil, strawberry syrup. Garnished with pecans.