My family and I visited a local restaurant last year. We ordered the brisket queso appetizer, which looked and tasted very good. Sadly, I was unable to enjoy the dish because it was very spicy and contained beef, which I very rarely eat.
Yesterday, my husband smoked some chicken. It was very delicious as usual, and the taste had me thinking about the appetizer we had last year. So, I decided that I would try to twist it using the smoked chicken. I figured this would be a great snack for the March Madness season, which is very popular in my home.
- 1 cup cubed smoked chicken (¾ chicken for cheese mixture, ¼ as a topping)
- ¼ block pasteurized cheese (I used cheese Velveeta Mexican)
- 2 cups tortilla chips
- ¼ cup water (or 2% milk)
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ cup Pico de Gallo
- 3 tablespoons guacamole
- Heat cheese in a saucepan over medium-low heat until cheese starts to melt
- Add water or milk and stir
- Add ¾ cup of cubed chicken until well blended
- Arrange tortilla chips in a serving dish
- Pour cheese over chips
- Sprinkle cumin powder
- Top with Pico de Gallo and guacamole
- Serve and enjoy
Twist: Just this!