As I stated in my post of March 27, 2017 on FaceBook, not all cornbread is created equal! This is my favorite cornbread recipe. Let me know if you like it and share your favorite.
If you like our recipes, give us your support by “liking” our page and sharing it with your friends.
Appreciate you stopping by!
- 1 1/2 cups yellow cornmeal
- 3/4 cup unbleached flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup non-fat or low fat buttermilk
- 1/4 cup 2 percent low-fat milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 4 tablespoons canola oil
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit
- Mix all dry ingredients
- Add milk and eggs
- Combine melted butter and canola oil
- Add to dry mixture
- Add additional butter and oil to cast iron skillet or your desired pan (about tablespoons of each)
- When butter and oil start sizzle, add cornbread mixture
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes
Twist: The combination and 2 percent milk and low-fat buttermilk
This recipe was adapted from Alex’s Iron-Skillet Cornbread, Food Network