Brown rice is now one of my favorite dishes. After reading the nutritional benefits from the link below, I don’t believe that I will cook white rice again.
The flavoring of the ingredients that I added with brown rice makes this recipe a keeper.
Read the link below and try my recipe.Let me know if you’ve tried better tasting brown rice. Enjoy!
- 1 ½ cups brown rice
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth (I used canned)
- ½ cup water
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ lemon pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter or ghee
- 3 garlic cloves, very finely grated
- 1 teaspoon fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Add chicken broth, salt, and butter to a medium saucepan, bring to a boil
- In the meantime, add rice, garlic, lemon pepper, and cilantro to a medium size baking dish with a lid
- Remove broth from heat, pour over rice mixture and stir
- Bake for 1 hour
- Remove from oven and fluff rice with a fork
Twist: Cilantro, lemon pepper, garlic and chicken broth
Recipe adapted from Alton Brown, Food Network