These PDQ (pretty darn quick) potatoes are a “go to” sometimes when I’m cooking in a rush. They make a great side dish. Several years ago, my sister showed me how she cooked potatoes in the microwave. The potatoes were very good, simple and quick.
- 3-4 russet potatoes, peeled and sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons ghee or butter
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning (I used Organic Full Circle Zesty Italian)
- 1/4 cup water
- Peel and slice potatoes to about 1/4″ thick
- Add potatoes to a microwaveable dish
- Add seasoning, water, and ghee
- Cover dish with a microwave cover and microwave for about 12 minutes or until tender.
Twist: Zesty Italian seasoning