Don’t forget to remove the membrane from the ribs so that the spices and tomato sauce will penetrate to them!
Read the rest of this entry »
Author Archives: My Twist On This
These PDQ (pretty darn quick) potatoes are a “go to” sometimes when I’m cooking in a rush. They make a great side dish. Several years ago, my sister showed me how she cooked potatoes in the microwave. The potatoes were very good, simple and quick.
Brown rice is now one of my favorite dishes. After reading the nutritional benefits from the link below, I don’t believe that I will cook white rice again.
The flavoring of the ingredients that I added with brown rice makes this recipe a keeper.
Read the link below and try my recipe.Let me know if you’ve tried better tasting brown rice. Enjoy!
- 1 ½ cups brown rice
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth (I used canned)
- ½ cup water
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ lemon pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter or ghee
- 3 garlic cloves, very finely grated
- 1 teaspoon fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Add chicken broth, salt, and butter to a medium saucepan, bring to a boil
- In the meantime, add rice, garlic, lemon pepper, and cilantro to a medium size baking dish with a lid
- Remove broth from heat, pour over rice mixture and stir
- Bake for 1 hour
- Remove from oven and fluff rice with a fork
Twist: Cilantro, lemon pepper, garlic and chicken broth
Recipe adapted from Alton Brown, Food Network
Celebrate Resurrection Sunday!
When I think back on some of the meals that I prepared for Easter Sunday, my mind often lingers on a recipe that I found in the Houston Chronicle newspaper many years ago. It was called an Oven Bag Brisket and it was simply divine! Tender, moist, and delicious! Read the rest of this entry »
I cook Cornish hens often, but not always the same way. I guess you can say that about a lot of my meals. This time around, I decided to add some carrots in with the hens. The basting of the Cornish hens required a little butter or ghee. The ghee and the broth from the hens gave a delightful favor.